August 29, 2018
As of this date, I have officially moved to a new blog. Come along with me.
ONE YEAR UPDATE
June 2, 2017
Okay, I’m a couple months behind with this update, but better late than never. 😜 My one year was actually back in April.
So I started this blog to post my entries for challenges. What I got back was so much more than I could have ever imagined. I have to admit I was a little nervous at first to start this venture on my own, but soon, I started to see familiar names and made some connections all around the world. The very first person to reach out was Di from Pixie’s Crafty Workshop. She was my biggest cheerleader and her encouragement kept me going. Thank you Di. 😘
There are too many things that have happened and/or that I’ve learned up to this point to mention them all, so I am going to highlight some of them.
1. Blogging – if I had known, I would have used Blogger instead of WordPress. That way if I had questions or need help, there would be people I can ask. Blogger seems less finicky. it takes a lot of effort to keep the content fresh and interesting so readers will return. I used to just lurk in the background, but now I will try to leave comments when visiting blogs knowing how much work is involved. Plus, it’s a good way to meet people.
2. Distress inks – didn’t know what or why these were so popular, but love them now. And now with the oxides…mind blown.
3. MISTI – I don’t know how I ever stamped without it. In fact, I own 3 of them.
4. Stamps – I prefer clear stamps and have stopped buying rubber stamps. They are cheaper and take up less room.
5. Copics – I learned how to colour, blend and shade with Copics. Prior to my blog, I did very little in way of colouring at all. I still need lots of practice, but this is my favourite colouring method. Participating in The Daily Marker 30 day colouring challenge definitely helped.
6. Colour pencils – I used colour pencils for the first time and although I like them, they are time-consuming. I own Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.
7. Guest Designer – I was surprised and so honoured to have GD for several challenge blogs and even for one of my favourite stamp companies (Your Next Stamp).
8. Design Team – I am excited to be part of the talented design team at Less is More challenge. Love my teamies. They’ve been very supportive and encouraging.
So if I had to sum up my first year in one word, it would be FUN! Everything was so new to me and I was simply enjoying all of it. I’m excited to see what comes next. Thank you for coming by my blog. Love to hear from you.
Hello. I live in the over-priced city of Vancouver in Canada 😂 with my husband. I have been stamping and crafting since mid-2005 after I saw how to heat emboss! Within months, I signed up as a SU! Demonstrator and entered the world of paper crafting. I was solely SU! until the summer of 2015 when I realized a whole different crafting community outside of SU! It was this community that led me to participate in challenges in early 2016. I wanted a personal space to post for these challenges, so I started this crafting blog in April 2016 to share my paper creations and give blogging a try. Come along on my fun journey and hit that subscribe button to the right there 👉🏼.