Hi there. I am sharing a CAS birthday card today.. It was really quick to make since most of the pieces were from snippets I already had.
A few Sundays back, I had a craftydate with friends (Loll, Christine and Susan) and we did smooshing with tissue paper and Distress Oxide (DOx) inks. I came home with seven different pieces. The Wilted Violet / Cracked Pistachio one was used here. It was glued to a scrap of white cardstock and then die cut with a NBUS hexagon die.
The hexagon die was then used to die cut on a white Stitched Rectangle snippet panel. For dimension, the hexagons were also die cut from black cardstock and stacked for dimensional inlay diecutting. The sentiment was black heat embossed.
The outline butterfly was attached to the solid butterfly only in the centre to allow the wings to move freely for a 3-D effect. The butterflies were also snippets. And that finishes the card.
Hello there. Today, I am sharing a couple of birthday cards I made to surprise a couple of crafty friends. Loll had her birthday this past Tuesday and Darnellt’s is coming up this Sunday. Unfortunately, Darnell won’t receive her card before this post, but she probably won’t see this anyway. 😉 And if she does, then surprise! 😂 So here are the cards.
Because the Kind Soul floral stamp is a fairly large image, I was able to stamp it once to get two cards. I started with a 4-1/4 x 11″ piece of X-Press It paper and stamped the image with black Memento ink in the middle.
It was coloured with Copics and then cut in half to create two A2 pieces. Each piece was then die cut with a Stitched Rectangle. I forgot where I saw this idea, but I thought it was so clever how easy it is to create two cards.
Happy Wednesday, everyone! I’m just popping in to share a CAS rosy birthday card.
From a white A2 stitched rectangle, a smaller Stitched Rectangle was die cut in the center, A Clarity brush was used to blend Real Red ink through a rose stencil on that rectangle diecut.
The roses were then coloured with Copics for contrast and to make them pop. Clear shimmer was added to the roses for some sparkle and the rectangle was inlaid.
Next, happy was die cut from black cardstock. It was mounted to a white scrap of cardstock and fussy cut with a white border. It was adhered to a vellum strip and Glossy Accents was added for dimension. While the Glossy Accents was still wet, the black white heat embossed sentiment strip was added.