Happy Monday everyone. So MFT is doing a second session of Camp Create. As you may have remembered, I was the lucky random winner of the $150 MFT grand prize in the first session. Unless lightening strikes twice, I highly doubt I will be as lucky again, but these challenges are fun and it forces me to use products I’ve bought.
For the first challenge, I needed to create a card with shine. I love shiny Christnas cards, so that is what I decided on. I know it’s only July, but there are a lot of Christmas themed product releases and challenges popping up lately. Initially, I was going to heat emboss with sparkly embossing powders and use Wink of Stella, but then I found a scrap piece of red foil tissue wrap. I glued the foil to a piece of cardstock and then die cut the sentiment from it.
I stamped the elf on white cardstock with black Memento ink. I first colored the ornament, shoes, pants and bell with a yellow Daffodil Delight dye ink marker and then added gold Perfect Pearls. It gave a beautiful gold metallic shine, but it’s hard to capture that in the photo. I proceeded to color the rest of the elf with Copics and then die cut it out with the matching die. I also die cut another elf image from white cardstock to stack them for dimension.
Next I die cut a stitched panel from white cardstock. Since the stitched panel has two rounded corners, I die cut the white card base to match. Using a mini blending tool, I blended Peacock Feathers for the background.
To finish and for a little more shine, I added some gold sequins.
Hello everyone. It’s Sunday and I have a one layer card to share using the inlaid die cutting technique.
I haven’t seen a sailboat stamp I really liked, so when I saw this image online, I knew I had to buy it. BUT (and here’s the kicker) this wasn’t a stamp! The image that I saw was actually a die from Penny Black called Out To Sea. Now the dilemma–Should I still buy it?
Of course, I bought it. Otherwise, I couldn’t have made this card. 😉 I took the die (picturedleft above) and created my own custom stamp from fun foam (picturedright above). You may have noticed that I was able to reverse the image. I used a temporary adhesive to adhere my custom fun foam stamp to an acrylic block. In this case, I used my 2-way glue pen, allowing it to dry clear for the temporary adhesive before pressing it to the block. This is one great way to stretch your dies.
I inked up my “stamp” with VersaMark and stamped it onto a piece of watercolor paper. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder then watercolored with distress inks. Once it dried, I cut it out using the Stitched Rectangle die with stitching on both sides of the cut line. I used the 3rd and 4th largest dies to cut a stitched frame from thick white cardstock.
Next I dry embossed the thick cardstock by running it through the Big Shot with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. With the pieces die cut out, I inlaid them back into the thick dry embossed cardstock before die cutting the happy sentiment below. I mounted this piece onto a white card base and then inlaid a black happy die cut to finish. With everything inlaid, this is a one layer card.
UPDATED: I forgot to add that I left the sentiment with just happy to be filled in later once I decide what type of card I want it to be (ie. birthday, Father’s Day, etc.)
Happy Friday everyone. I was really hoping the Smile stamp set I ordered would arrive before the challenges ended…and it did — TODAY!
Because one of the challenges is white flowers, I decided to use the whitewash watercolor technique for my card. I stamped the flower image with white pigment ink onto Kraft cardstock and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Using a water brush, I colored in the stamped image with white pigment ink refill and then dried it with my heat tool
To add color and shading to the image, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. The flower itself was essentially untouched. I just added a bit of shading in the middle area for some depth
I wanted part of the image to extend onto a strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock, so I used my trimmer to cut up to and around the image to get a straight edge. Then I used my scissors to cut the overhang portion. I die cut Wishing from Elegant Eggplant cardstock and stamped the birthday sentiment in the matching dye ink. I wanted the whitewash flower to stand out, so no embellishments.
I am needing at least half a dozen birthday cards in the weeks to come, so it’s no surprise that I have another birthday card today. This time it is a masculine birthday card.
I usually keep masculine cards pretty minimal, and yet these cards can be difficult to do. Go figure. However, this card was simple to do. I applied distress inks on the upper portion of a white piece of cardstock. Of course I chose masculine colors. I made sure the inks were dry before stamping the Fireworks with VersaMark ink. Next I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.
Using the emboss resist technique, I applied black ink to the entire white piece. Once done, I took a tissue and removed the excess ink from the embossed images. I heat embossed the sentiment with Sparkly Gold embossing powder. I wanted this black panel to really pop, so I used the same sparkly embossing powder to heat emboss the edges of a slightly larger piece of white cardstock. I layered them together and adhered it all to a split black/white card base.
Next, I created a mask for the unicorn and masked off the unicorn. I ink blended over a sunray stencil with distress inks and mini blending tool to create the background. Once again, for a bit of shimmer I added some clear Wink of Stella to the unicorn’s mane and tail. I love this product because it’s mess free!
I mounted the stitched piece on white fun foam cut slightly smaller and finished with some blue sequins.