Hello there. I received my order from Simon Says Stamps yesterday and knew I had to ink up one of their stamp sets right away. I also wanted to try something a little different for today’s simple friendship card.
It was coloured with white and black pencils. First time colouring on colour cardstock other than Kraft and it’s kinda cool. I may have to try this more often. For some sparkle, clear shimmer was added to the petals and buds. It’s hard to tell, but it is really sparkly against the black IRL.
I didn’t have a nice yellow colour cardstock, so the friend sentiment was die cut from a scrap of X-Press It paper and coloured with Y06 Copic marker. Ok, so my Copics didn’t truly get a break after all, 😂 For dimension, friend was die cut from black cardstock three more times. The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base and some Clear Rain Drops finished off the card.
Hugs was die cut 4x from white cardstock to be stacked for dimension. It was Ombré coloured with Wilted Violet distress ink and a mini blending tool. Squeezed Lemonade distress ink was used to shade the background.
Glossy accents on the toucan’s beak, clear glitter on the hugs diecut and a few glitter gumdrops were added to finish. Thank you for visiting. Have a great day!
Hi everyone. I have another CAS spring card to share today. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, which makes me a little nervous for April with the phrase April showers and all. 😂 Rainbows in the spring inspired this card.
Next the wreath frame was die cut from white cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed with black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
A black strip was added to anchor the moose. The stitched panel was adhered to a landscape white top folding cardbase. The moose was mounted with foam adhesive and clear Wink of Stella was added to the flower to finish,
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I must admit I prefer to create a love/loving theme card when it comes to Valentine’s cards. That way, they can be used beyond one day. As you can see from my non-traditional one layer Valentine’s card, this card can easily be given to a friend for a variety of occasions.
First, I cut the top folding card base from Bristol smooth paper. I wanted to create a selfie card and to keep it one layer I used the masking and reverse masking techniques. I created a reverse square mask with a square die and masking paper. I positioned the reverse mask onto the card base and stamped the astronaut and alien with Intense Black ink.
They were then masked before the outer space distress ink background was created (Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot). To complete the look, it was spritz with water and splattered with white pigment reinker.
The masks were removed and the images were coloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. I used a ruler and black Copic multiliner to draw a border around the square. I used a rectangle die to trace the rectangle. I also used the masking technique to customize the sentiment. The hearts were stamped with Real Red ink.
To give it some depth, I masked the rectangle and blended really “toned” down Black Soot around it. For a little shimmer, I added clear Wink of Stella to the space background. To finish, a few silver sequins were added.
Update: Some of you are in disbelief that this is truly a one layer card, so I recorded a short video which I hope will clear things up. 😉
Hi there. I have a CAS Valentine’s card to share today. I didn’t have any turtle stamps and then after last month I now have three. 😂 So guess what image card I am sharing today? Although I intended it as a Valentine’s card, I think it could work for any love occasions too. And I got to knock off three more stamp sets from my NBUS list! And here’s my card.
On a white Stitched Rectangle panel, the turtles were stamped with Memento black ink and coloured with YG Copic markers. They were then masked off, and Spun Sugar distress ink was blended on for the background. The hearts were stamped next also with Memento black ink and Ombré coloured with RV Copic markers.
The we go together part of the sentiment was masked, inked, stamped then masked, inked, stamped with black Memento ink to create a space for the turtley part of the sentiment. Turtley was stamped with Picked Raspberry distress ink.
The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base. To finish, glossy accents was added to the turtles’ shells and clear Wink of Stella was added to the hearts.
Just for fun, I made a second card using unconventional colours.