Watercolour smooshing was used to create the watercolour background. Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry distress inks were added to a craft sheet and spritz with water. An acetate sheet was then used to pick up the colours and smooshed onto the bottom right corner of a stitched rectangle panel die cut from watercolor paper. Using an acetate sheet gives a little more control. The elf was stamped with black Memento ink on X-press It paper, coloured with Copics, die cut out with the matching die and popped up with foam adhesives. The NBUS sentiment was black heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder to finish.
I must confess watercolouring is not my strong suit. 😉 Thanks to Loll and some of her tips, I managed to watercolour this floral birthday card for my FIL’s wife whose birthday is today, but we’re celebrating tomorrow. The floral bouquet was heat embossed with platinum embossing powder on mixed media paper and then watercoloured with Zigs. Partial die cutting with NBUS circle die was then used to die cut the image out so that the upper left flower extended past the circle. It was matted onto a black circle and trimmed on the right side with a paper trimmer. The diagonal stripe strip is washi tape. The NBUS sentiment was silver heat embossed on black. Clear shimmer and clear droplets finished the card..
Thank you for visiting. My teamies made some fabulous cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE. Can’t wait to see what you create. Just remember to keep it CAS and follow the challenge guidelines. Enjoy your day!
Happy Monday everyone. Today I am sharing a CAS birthday card created for my sweet crafty friend Nancy. Her birthday is today! Unfortunately, I didn’t send it early enough and she did not get this before leaving on her trip… so surprise, Nancy! Hope you’re enjoying your birthday getaway. For her card, I brought back my favourite Buddy image and paired him with a NBUS happy die. Love these triple layer word dies.
An A2 size stitched rectangle was die cut from X-press It paper. Buddy was stamped with Memento black ink then coloured and shaded with cool gray Copic markers.
The word happy and first layer were die cut from white cardstock. The happy word diecut was placed back into the negative piece to make it easier to colour it with a mini blending tool and distress inks.
The bottom happy layer was die cut from black cardstock and another happy word was die cut from white cardstock to be stacked. Birthday was white heat embossed on a scrap of black cardstock. The stitched panel was mounted to a top folding card base before the sentiments were adhered. Clear shimmer on the pastel coloured happy finished the card.
Happy Saturday everyone. Let’s get right to it, shall we? We have a great sketch challenge this week at Less is More (LIM). Hope you will play along with us this week. Please welcome back our sponsor this month Happy Little Stampers. And to celebrate STAMPtember, they are offering free worldwide shipping till the end of the month! Click here for all the details.
I made this card for a friend whose birthday is next week. The air balloons were stamped on scraps of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics and die cut out. Salty Ocean distress ink was added with a mini blending tool to a white stitched rectangle panel to create the sky background. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a black die cut banner. The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base before assembling. Clear shimmer on the balloons and a few clear sequins were added to finish.
Hello everyone. This is the third year My Favirite Things (MFT) is running their Card Design Superstar contest. This year there are three categories. This card is for the Clean and Simple (CAS) category.
An A2 size panel was cut from X-press It paper using my paper trimmer. The elephant was stamped first then masked. The hippo and hello were stamped next then masked.
With the masks in place, distress inks were blended on with a mini blending tool for the background. Water was splattered then dabbed off with a paper towel to give it some texture. Masks were removed and the critters were coloured with Copic markers.
The stripes along the bottom was created by blending black ink through the Split Diagonal stencil (discontinued). For dimension while maintaining white space, the camouflage diecut technique was used on the word die there.
The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base and clear shimmer was added to the colourful background to finish. Thank you for dropping by. Have a great day!
Hi there. Quickly dropping in again to share a fall coffee themed card.
A rectangle window was die cut in the centre of an A2 size Early Espresso stitched rectangle. The watercolour wash background was created on watercolor paper with Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge and Barn Door distress inks.
The espresso panel was mounted onto a white top folding card base with foam tape for dimension. To give it some strength, the Coffee Cup Silhouette (thank you Loll for this great die) was die cut twice from white cardstock and stacked. Keeping it really CAS, so no embellishments. And that completes the card. Thank you for visiting.