Hi there! I am dropping in really quickly to share another mother’s day card. This one is for my friend… my goddaughter’s mom. 😊 Updated to add: Oops… I wasn’t paying attention, but with the word ‘mom’ in the sentiment, this will now go to my mom instead. 😉
First, a stitched rectangle was die cut from Neenah cardstock. Stamped the hummingbird and cherry blossoms with black Memento ink and coloured with Copics. Masking was used to create the floral cluster.
Black heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder. Mounted the panel onto a white top folding card base and added a few clear sequins and clear shimmer to the flowers to finish.
Hello there. This month’s challenge at CAS Christmas is Ornaments. Unlike last month’s challenge where my supply of hollies was limited, I have plenty of ornament options to choose from. And here’s my card.
The die is a 2-piece die set consisting of the detailed image and the shadow.
To start, the two pieces were lined up and held together with painters tape. 3 ornaments were then die cut from white cardstock and stacked for dimension. The hook part was created from a scrap of silver foil paper.
I wanted a sparkly ornament and after reading how shimmery Magicals are, I gave my recently purchased Magicals a go. Sprinkled Gluten Tag Teal and Bavarian Blue Magicals on watercolor paper, spritz with water then dried with the heat tool. I must have done something wrong because it wasn’t as shimmery. Anyway, I ended up spritzing it with a DIY shimmer spray and got the results I was after. Splattered some white acrylic paint for a snowy look, then die cut with the shadow die.
The ornament was a lot bigger than I thought, so to keep it CAS, it was adhered off the edge on a white A2 stitched rectangle. Silver heat embossed the sentiment, then mounted the panel to a white top folding cardbase to finish.
My team have made some beautiful cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE. The challenge runs until April 24, so there is lots of time to link up. Thank you for visiting. Have a great day!
Happy Easter weekend everyone! There’s one more challenge at Less is More (LIM) to finish off the month of March. We have two guest designers (GD) joining us. Our January winner, Aileen ofColour and Sparkle, is our guest providing us with a beautiful inspiration card for our GD CASE challenge this fortnight. Our next guest, Kylie of Addicted to Stamps, is also pulling double duties as this month’s sponsor Happy Little Stampers.
Here’s Aileen’s card to CASE.
And this is my card.
Stamped the flowers with black Memento ink on scraps of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics then die cut out with the coordinating dies. Thanks was die cut from a scrap of silver foil paper and from black cardstock. They were offset for a shadow effect. All elements were assembled on a Smoky Slate stitched rectangle from my stash. The panel was adhered to a split black on one side and white on the other side cardbase. Added clear shimmer on the flowers and blue sequins to finish.
IHello there. It’s the second half of our month long 7th birthday celebration at Less is More (LIM). Our new challenge this fortnight is Dry Embossing. Several guests are joining us again and our new sponsor for this challenge is Seven Hills Crafts.
Embossing folders (EF) are one of the easiest ways to dry emboss a design on a card. However, it gets a little tricky when it comes to clean and simple (CAS) cards because it can clutter up all that lovely white space characteristic of CAS cards. Therefore, one way to pull off a CAS card using a busy EF design is to partial emboss with a diffuser.
A diffuser is a template you can add to an EF so that only the areas covered by the diffuser will emboss. I created my own heart diffuser by die cutting 8 hearts from cardstock scraps and gluing them together. The diffuser was then positioned and adhered to the outside of the EF with some temporary tape. A die cut Mixed Media stitched rectangle was inserted into the folder and embossed through my Big Shot. To complete my super CAS card, NBUS ‘with’ was red heat embossed and a NBUS ‘love’ sentiment (just purchased and now discontinued) was die cut from red glitter paper. The panel was mounted with foam adhesive to a white top folding card base. Some helpful tips:
– diffuser thickness will vary depending on EF, machine, etc.
– using a thicker cardstock worked better than regular cardstock
– a busy detailed EF is best for a specific shape diffuser like this heart (this Provocraft Bubbles EF was my first EF I ever bought and was the only one that worked because of its tight close-knit pattern)
This next card was created for my friend Dorothy. This time, circle dies were used to emboss the concentric circle background on a white A2 stitched rectangle die cut from Mixed Media paper. The bear was stamped on Neenah cardstock with Memento black ink and coloured with Copics. It was die cut out with the matching die and popped up with foam adhesive. The sentiment was die cut from gold glitterpaper. Gold shimmer splatters were added before the panel was adhered to a white top folding card base and the card was assembled.