This was created for my teamie, Nonni, whose birthday was this past Tuesday. Happy birthday, Nonni! My idea was inspired from the image itself where I just used a real candle in place of the one in the image. The candle was cut in half lengthwise to provide a flat side for adhering. A scallop frame was die cut from a scrap piece of X-press It paper. Buddy with the cupcake and the sentiment were stamped with black Memento ink on the inside piece and coloured with Copics. Buddy was then masked and Mustard Seed distress ink was added to the background with a mini blending tool. Dimensional inlaid diecutting was used to piece the frame image onto a white top folding card base. Clear shimmer added to the cupcake and a few clear sequins finished off the card.
Just one again from me this week, but be sure to check out my team’s personal blogs for more inspirations. Then get crafting and link up your creations. Just make sure it is CAS and follows the challenge guidelines . Thank you for stopping by, Have a great week.
Hi everyone. Normally, I don’t make Christmas cards in the summer, especially on the hottest weekend of the year so far, but after seeing a couple of Christmas cards today and checking out some challenges, I was inspired to create this CAS Christmas card.
The bear was stamped with Memento black ink on A2 X-press It paper, then coloured with Copics.
It was then masked and the snowflakes were clear heat embossed. Salty Ocean distress ink was applied with a mini blending tool to the background and a tissue was used to wipe off excess ink for a little emboss resist.
The camouflage die cut technique was used for the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment. This technique can be tricky with little pieces getting lost, but a good trick I found to keep everything together is to use Press n Seal.
For some sparkle, clear shimmer added to the camouflaged diecut sentiment finished off the card.
Next, I created a mask for the unicorn and masked off the unicorn. I ink blended over a sunray stencil with distress inks and mini blending tool to create the background. Once again, for a bit of shimmer I added some clear Wink of Stella to the unicorn’s mane and tail. I love this product because it’s mess free!
I mounted the stitched piece on white fun foam cut slightly smaller and finished with some blue sequins.