Hello there. We are back to our regular weekly scheduled challenges at Less is More (LIM). It’s my teammate Susan‘s birthday today — happy birthday Susan!— and for this week, we are CASEing her card. Our generous sponsor this month is Dies to Die For.
Here is Susan’s card to CASE.
And this is my card.
I was inspired by the elf, stocking, layout and colours. I have two elf sets, and since Susan used one, I used the other one to create a little fireplace mantel scene. A scallop rectangle was die cut from Neenah cardstock. The elf was stamped first with black Memento ink, then masked. A reverse circle mask was placed around the elf before the stockings were stamped. The stockings were masked, and Ink blending with distress inks was used to add colour around the images within the circle. The brick was done with a stencil. Masks were removed and the images were coloured with Copics. The sentiment was black heat embossed and the scallop panel was mounted with foam adhesives to a white top folding card base. Clear shimmer on the reds finished off the card.
Hi there. Another post tonight and it’s a quick one.
Using ink cubes, distress inks in rainbow colours were applied in strips on an acrylic block, then spritz with water, and stamped onto a piece of watercolor paper.
The Lily was stamped twice with Versafine black ink on the panel as well as on a scrap of white shimmer paper. The solid Lily centre image was then inked with Spiced Marmalade distress ink and stamped on the shimmer paper Lily. It was fussy cut out and paper pieced on the watercolour panel before the whole piece was die cut with a rectangle stitched die.
The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock. Clear shimmer was added to the Lily and a few sparkly clear sequins finushed off the card. And that does it. Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your day.
Hi there. Today’s CAS card was unexpected. There is a new NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge I wanted to try. I found out about this challenge from Di at Pixie’s Crafty Workshop who posted a heads up about it last week. Like many of you crafters out there, I am so guilty of purchasing with good intentions, and then letting them collect dust. There is just so much good schtuff out there and so little time to use them. *lol* Needless to say, I have a large stash of NBUS, which made deciding what NBUS to use first the toughest part of creating today’s card! So my chosen NBUS is this stamp set To Have & To Hold, which was purchased several months ago. This is a wedding stamp set, but I saw potential for more.
First, I die cut a heart mask and masked the centre of a white A2 Stitched Rectangle. I created the masks for the lilies by stamping them on labelling tape with Archival black ink and fussy cutting them out. I then stamped the lilies around the heart mask, masking each lily before stamping the next.
I removed the lily masks and left the heart mask in place while I colored and shaded the lilies with a black Polychromous pencil for a black and white look. For a pop of color, I removed the heart mask and stamped the sending sentiment with Velvet dye ink and VersaMark. I heat embossed it with a clear glitter embossing powder.
The red glitter hugs die-cut was a snippet I didn’t end up using when I created THIS card and opted for a white glitter hugs sentiment. For dimension, I die cut 2 more hugs from white cardstock and stacked them. To finish I added a few sparkling clear sequins and mounted it onto a white card base. With all the masking this is a one layer card.
Hello there. I have a silly, but fun card to share this weekend. I don’t know how it happened, but today’s card is another CASE card challenge combined with squares and animals theme challenges.
So my idea was to have the dragon fly into the square shaker and magically change color. So silly, but fun, right? Anyway, I stamped the Diagonal Stripes with Ocean Waves ink onto a white A2 size Stitched Rectangle. I die cut out the square shaker frame in the centre using 2 sizes of Stitched Square dies, then adhered the negative piece to a top folding white card base. To create the shaker layer, I die cut a Stitched Rectangle from white cardstock. I took the smaller of the 2 square dies used to die cut the frame and die cut out the shaker window opening. I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the opening, and added foam adhesive around the perimeter to create the area that will house the sequins. WIth only one layer of foam adhesive, this is a fairly flat shaker card.
I stamped the dragon and firey smoke with black Memento ink onto two 2.5″ square pieces of white Ultrasmooth cardstock and colored with Copics. I stamped the shaker dragon off to the side and colored it red and yellow. The outside dragon was colored in grey and die cut out with the matching die. Next up is putting the shaker portion together. I peeled the liners from the foam adhesive, added the sequins, then attached the red dragon square piece. I trimmed the grey dragon and lined it up with the shaker dragon before adhering the frame
I added more double-sided foam adhesive to the back so the layer doesn’t sag and is flat, then adhered it to the striped card front. To finish, the sentiment was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder on a black curve slice diecut.