Happy Sunday everyone! And Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. No Mother’s Day card and no winner to announce for my giveaway last week since no one entered. 😜 So today, I have another birthday card to share.
Black Memento ink was used to stamp all imagesso they can be coloured with Copics. Five of the six birds were stamped on X-press It paper then die cut out with the coordinating dies. The rest of the scene was created using the masking technique on a white Stitched Rectangle piece of Copic friendly cardstock. The string holding the birdhouse was drawn with a ruler and Copic multi-liner.
Hi everyone. I have a really easy CAS card to share. It’s another non-traditional purple and green Christmas card. I really like this colour combo for Christmas cards and thought those colours would look great on this cute NBUS Sending Joy stamp image.
I kept the mice white, but added some shading and outlined the entire image in light grey to give dimension. For a little shimmer (because Christmas cards should be shiny and bright 😊), I added some clear Wink of Stella to the purple coloured areas.
The sentiment was stamped with black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear embosding powder. To finish, I added the stitched panel to a white card base and added some white snowflake sequins that I had forgotten I had from last year. And that is all for this card.
Hi there. No surprise, I have another Christmas card to share. ‘Tis the season, isn’t it? I wanted to make a joyful kids card. I was tempted to pull out my favourite elves stamp set again, but I gave them a break. *lol* Instead I went back to those cute Waddles penguins.
On a white stitched rectangle, I stamped with black Memento ink and masked all images. With the masks in place, I sponged Real Red ink through a Candy Swirl stencil to add more depth. Looking back, I should have skipped this step and kept the design really simple. I coloured with Copics.
The sentiment was white heat embossed and I drew the string with a Copic multiliner to attach the tag to the gift. To accent the card, I added silver sequins and clear Wink of Stella to the hat and coloured ribbons. To finish, the panel was mounted to a white top folding card base.
Happy Friday everyone! Today I am sharing another NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) card combined with tic tac toe, balloons, color and stitch challenges.
On a piece of white cardstock slightly larger than A2 size, I randomly sponged on some Broken China distress inks for the sky. I cut a couple of NBUS stitched clouds from white cardstock, cut one in half, and adhered them to the sponged background. Then I die cut that background piece with an A2 size stitched rectangle die. To create the window, I die cut with the largest size Inside & Out Stitch Rounded Rectangle.
My other NBUS item is the Buddy and Duck stamp set from Penny Black. I wanted to have these two critters chatting away as they float off to the upper right corner. I stamped Buddy and Duck with black Memento ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut them out. For some dimension, I added glossy accents to the balloons.
Now to put my card together, I added foam adhesive to the frame and the critters. I adhered the frame to a top folding white card base, inlaid the rounded rectangle piece, and then added Buddy and Duck. I stamped the sentiment in blue on a white stitched curve banner and mounted it with foam adhesive as well. To finish and complete the top row across of the tic tac toe challenge, I added a few sequins.
Hello there. I have a silly, but fun card to share this weekend. I don’t know how it happened, but today’s card is another CASE card challenge combined with squares and animals theme challenges.
So my idea was to have the dragon fly into the square shaker and magically change color. So silly, but fun, right? Anyway, I stamped the Diagonal Stripes with Ocean Waves ink onto a white A2 size Stitched Rectangle. I die cut out the square shaker frame in the centre using 2 sizes of Stitched Square dies, then adhered the negative piece to a top folding white card base. To create the shaker layer, I die cut a Stitched Rectangle from white cardstock. I took the smaller of the 2 square dies used to die cut the frame and die cut out the shaker window opening. I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the opening, and added foam adhesive around the perimeter to create the area that will house the sequins. WIth only one layer of foam adhesive, this is a fairly flat shaker card.
I stamped the dragon and firey smoke with black Memento ink onto two 2.5″ square pieces of white Ultrasmooth cardstock and colored with Copics. I stamped the shaker dragon off to the side and colored it red and yellow. The outside dragon was colored in grey and die cut out with the matching die. Next up is putting the shaker portion together. I peeled the liners from the foam adhesive, added the sequins, then attached the red dragon square piece. I trimmed the grey dragon and lined it up with the shaker dragon before adhering the frame
I added more double-sided foam adhesive to the back so the layer doesn’t sag and is flat, then adhered it to the striped card front. To finish, the sentiment was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder on a black curve slice diecut.