Happy Saturday everyone. It’s one layer card week at Less is More (LIM) and it’s a good one. Challenge #345 is Colouring In. So many possibilities with this one. Our generous sponsor this month ince again is Happy Little Stampers.
I don’t use colour pencils very often, but I love the look of it especially on Kraft. Stamped the azaleas with Intense Blackink on a top folding Kraft card base and coloured in with Prismacolor pencils. Used a rectangle die to trace a frame with a black marker. Black heat embossed the sentiment. Added clear shimmer to the flowers and a few black Nuvo drops (thanks Nonni 😉) to finish.
I was working on something else, but it didn’t work out so I went back to my favourite colouring method. 😜 Stamped the chickie with Memento black ink on a white no bleed-through Copic-friendly top folding card base. Masked it, then stamped the branch. Next, masked the branch as well as above and below the images, leaving a panel across the middle. Ink blended Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar distress inks over a cloud stencil with a mini blending tool to create the sky background. Removed masks and coloured in with Copics. Stamped the sentiment with Versafine black ink and added clear shimmer to the pink clouds to finish.
That does it for me this week. For more inspirations, please check out my team’s personal blogs, which you can access from the LIM blog HERE. Once again, a friendly reminder to keep it clean and simple (CAS) and to follow the challenge guidelines. Can’t wait to see your creations. Thank you for visiting and have a lovely day!
Hello there. I am sharing a CAS birthday card I created for my friend Christine. I was going to give her one of the birthday cards in my stash, but I really wanted to use my NBUS Best Buds stamp set. She only received it today, so I couldn’t post until now
All images were stamped with Memento black ink on a Wonky Stitched X-Press It rectangle panel. The wavy streamer and sentiment were stamped first then masked. Next the floral image was stamped and masked. Then the bottom of the panel was masked before Mustard Seed distress ink was added with a Clarity brush for the background.
The images were coloured with Copics and the panel was mounted with foam tape to a white top folding card base. Clear shimmer on the flowers and a few clear sequins finished off the card.
Hi again. I wasn’t planning to post again today, but I decided to salvage the card I was working on yesterday for CAS(E) this Sketch #226. I smeared ink right at the end, was frustrated, so I walked away. 😂 Having fresh eyes today really helped to figure something out. 😉 Here’s the sketch.
And here’s my card.
All stamping was done with Memento black ink on a white X-Press It Wonky Stitched Rectangle. The monkey was stamped first, masked, then the branchwas stamped next. They were coloured in with Copics.
Masking, a mini ink blending tool and Salty Ocean distress ink were used to create the sky area. It looked too plain, so I went back with a DIY diecut cloud border stencil to add some subtle clouds.
I wanted to stamp “hang in there” for the sentiment, but I couldn’t remember which set it was from, so I stamped what’s up? instead. A few clear sequins finished off the card. Thank you for visiting Have a great day!
Hi everyone. I have another CAS spring card to share today. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, which makes me a little nervous for April with the phrase April showers and all. 😂 Rainbows in the spring inspired this card.
Next the wreath frame was die cut from white cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed with black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
A black strip was added to anchor the moose. The stitched panel was adhered to a landscape white top folding cardbase. The moose was mounted with foam adhesive and clear Wink of Stella was added to the flower to finish,
Hi there. I have a sweet little card to share and I ain’t lion. 😂 Ok, ok, I hear the groaning and grumbling, but I had to do it. 😂 And now onto my card.
Stamped the lion with Intense Black ink and coloured with Copics. Masked him and the ground area, then blended Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio distress inks for the background. Next die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle. To add dimension and still keep it CAS, used the matching die to die cut him along with three more from scraps to stack them.
Adhered the stitched panel to a white top folding card base, stamped big with Deep Iris ink, then inlaid the stacked diecut lion back. Next die cut hugs from white cardstock and white fun foam to stack them for dimension again. Ombré blended Wilted Violet distress ink with a mini blending tool.
A white gel pen was used to give the heart highlights. To finish, added clear shimmer to the heart and hugs sentiment and a few Crystal clear sequins.