Hello there. I’m back to share another birthday card for another niece who is turning 10 at the end of the month. I was going to make a shaker, but since I have to mail it, I decided to finally give a window panel card a try.
The otter, mermaid and rocks (from the same sets) were stamped with Memento black ink on scraps of Copic-friendly paper and coloured with Copics. The images from the otter set were die cut out with the matching dies, while the images from the mermaid set were fussy cut since I don’t have the matching dies.
The card base was prepared from Mix Media paper. 2” was cut from the bottom of the front, and cut in half into two 1” pieces. A piece of acetate was then attached to the base front to one of the 1” pieces, re-forming the front. Covered up all but the 1” window with Whisper White cardstock. The bottom 1” area was covered with a waves dry embossed piece from my stash. The sentiment was stamped on the acetate with black StazOn ink.
For the inside through the window opening, an area was masked then distress inks in rainbow colours were ink blended with a mini blending tool. Assembled the card and added clear glitter and white gel pen details to finish my first window panel card!
Happy Monday everyone. Today I am sharing a CAS birthday card created for my sweet crafty friend Nancy. Her birthday is today! Unfortunately, I didn’t send it early enough and she did not get this before leaving on her trip… so surprise, Nancy! Hope you’re enjoying your birthday getaway. For her card, I brought back my favourite Buddy image and paired him with a NBUS happy die. Love these triple layer word dies.
An A2 size stitched rectangle was die cut from X-press It paper. Buddy was stamped with Memento black ink then coloured and shaded with cool gray Copic markers.
The word happy and first layer were die cut from white cardstock. The happy word diecut was placed back into the negative piece to make it easier to colour it with a mini blending tool and distress inks.
The bottom happy layer was die cut from black cardstock and another happy word was die cut from white cardstock to be stacked. Birthday was white heat embossed on a scrap of black cardstock. The stitched panel was mounted to a top folding card base before the sentiments were adhered. Clear shimmer on the pastel coloured happy finished the card.
Hi there. Another post tonight and it’s a quick one.
Using ink cubes, distress inks in rainbow colours were applied in strips on an acrylic block, then spritz with water, and stamped onto a piece of watercolor paper.
The Lily was stamped twice with Versafine black ink on the panel as well as on a scrap of white shimmer paper. The solid Lily centre image was then inked with Spiced Marmalade distress ink and stamped on the shimmer paper Lily. It was fussy cut out and paper pieced on the watercolour panel before the whole piece was die cut with a rectangle stitched die.
The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock. Clear shimmer was added to the Lily and a few sparkly clear sequins finushed off the card. And that does it. Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your day.
The sentiment was then masked off and distress inks were blended in rainbow colours. For sparkle, the rainbow area was spritz with a DIY shimmer spray.
Next, the unicorn was stamped with black Memento ink and coloured with Copics. The present from the same set was stamped on a scrap of X-press It paper then fussy cut out. Clear Wink of Stella was added to the present and horn, and a few Crystal Clear sequins finished this card off.
Thanks for dropping by and Happy Easter to all who celebrate.
Hi everyone. I’m back today with a second punny CAS turtle Valentine’s/love card. Once you see the sentiment, you’ll know where my inspiration came from. 😂 I had so much fun with my turtle Valentine’s card yesterday that I decided to break out another NBUS set with a turtle. And here’s my card.
On a white A2 size piece of X-press It paper, I stamped the turtles with Memento black ink and coloured with YG01, YG03, YG17, G99 Copic markers. I then masked them and blended Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch distress inks for a watery background. For texture I spritz with water, then dabbed with a paper towel to lift some colour.
With some creative masking and my MISTI, I customized the eturtle sentiment and white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock. I cut around the right flipper of the right turtle to tuck the sentiment strip under.
Next I die cut the piece with a Stitch Rectangle before adhering it on a white top folding card base. To finish, I added clear Wink of Stella to the heart-shaped shells and added a few clear droplets because I thought they kinda look like bubbles.