Man’s best friend was my inspiration. 😊 Started by die cutting an A2 size stitched rectangle panel from Kraft cardstock. Next stamped the puppy with Permanent Black ink on a scrap of X-Press It paper. Coloured with Copics then die cut out with the coordinating die.
I wanted to create a Christmas tree scene since he’s all tangled up in lights. To keep it CAS, I decided to faux dry emboss the “tree” in the background by die cutting a couple of pine branches (forgot brand) from Kraft cardstock and adhering them to the left-hand side. The sentiment was gold heat embossed on a black strip. Mounted the sentiment strip and the puppy with foam tape for a little dimension. To finish, added white liquid appliqué to the hat brim/pompom, and Crystal Glaze to the lights.
Our fabulous guest, Bobby from Bits and Pieces, and my team have made some wonderful masculine cards to inspire you. You can check them out HERE. Challenge ends next Sunday on June 24th. Hope to see you in the gallery. Thank you for visiting. Have a great day!
Hi there. The June CAS Christmas card challenge starts today and as you can see from the graphic above, the theme is Masculine. I usually resort to neutral tones for masculine cards, but this time I decided to brighten things up. I stuck to the blue end of the colour spectrum and created this fun card.
To start, I die cut a stitched rectangle panel from mixed media paper. Blended Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch distress oxide inks with a mini blending tool for the background. Spritz with water and lifted the colours with a paper towel. Stamped the penguin with Permanent Black ink on a scrap of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics, then die cut out with the matching die.
Next, die cut each letter (unknown) three times from white scraps and stacked them for dimension. Stamped ‘sending’ (discontinued) in black, then adhered the panel to a white top folding card base. Assembled the card, popping the penguin up with foam tape. Added snow with a white gel pen and crystal glaze on the letters to finish. It was tough not to add shimmer, but kept reminding myself it needed to be masculine. 😂
Our talented April winner, Bobby of Bits and Pieces, is our guest designer this month. Make sure to pop on over to the main blog post HERE to see the fabulous cards Bobby and my team have made to inspire you. The challenge runs till June 24th, so there is plenty of time to play along. Looking forward to seeing what you create. Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
Hi there. No spring card today. I’m sharing a masculine birthday card instead. I was also able to check off a stamp set and a die from my continually growing NBUS list. 😉
The NBUS images were stamped with Intense Black ink on X-press It paper and coloured with Copics. The images and the upper portion were masked off and Pacific Point dye ink was blended through a Large Grid stencil with a Clarity brush.
The NBUS Wish was die cut from black cardstock. To make it stand out, it was mounted onto a scrap of white cardstock and fussy cut to give it a white border. The other part of the sentiment was white heat embossed on a black strip.
The paper was trimmed to 5.5″x 3.75″, mounted onto an A2 Pacific Point cardstock piece and then die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle for a continuous look. A white gel pen was used to add dot details to the dragon. The sentiments were adhered and glossy accents was added to the Wish diecut to finish.
Okay, since I am playing in Darnell’s challenge, I have to report my teeny little boo-boo as indicated by the oval in the photo below.
Initially, I masked the area on a slant thinking it would look neat, but it looked funny. So to save all the work I’ve done so far, I re-masked the area going straight across and covered as best I could with the large Wish diecut. And I think it worked! 😂
Hello there. Today I have another masculine birthday card for the same nephew I mentioned in my last post. My mom needed a card for him so she asked me to make her one. No problem since I had something in mind using some new products I just bought from MFT.
Next I cut a piece of vellum to create the light beam coming from the spaceship. I heat embossed the greeting with white embossing powder on the vellum, then colored the backside with Copics. I then die cut an oval shadow from white cardstock for the alien to stand on and colored it with Copics as well. Using a circle die, I die cut from dark grey cardstock to create the planet.
I was going to create a colorful Galaxy background, but thought it would look too busy and distracting. Instead, I just added some splatters to an A2 piece of black cardstock with white shimmer paint. I adhered the panel to a white card base, and gave the alien Googley eyes to finish.