Happy Monday! I was coloring the images with Copics from this new NBUS set yesterday when several challenges popped into mind, resulting in this easy summer card.
Took a Bristol stitched rectangle panel from my stash and stamped the penguin and palm tree with Archival black ink. Watercolored the tropical scene with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. Used a Soft Suede SU! marker to add texture to the sand and a white gel pen to add cresting waves in the water.
Die cut ‘enjoy’ from a scrap of Bristol paper twice and once from black. Ombré coloured one of the white pieces with Zigs, then stacked and offset. Mounted the panel to a white top folding card base and added clear shimmer to the die cut sentiment to finish.
And that was it. Thank you for visiting. Enjoy your day!
Hello everyone. This is the third year My Favirite Things (MFT) is running their Card Design Superstar contest. This year there are three categories. This card is for the Clean and Simple (CAS) category.
An A2 size panel was cut from X-press It paper using my paper trimmer. The elephant was stamped first then masked. The hippo and hello were stamped next then masked.
With the masks in place, distress inks were blended on with a mini blending tool for the background. Water was splattered then dabbed off with a paper towel to give it some texture. Masks were removed and the critters were coloured with Copic markers.
The stripes along the bottom was created by blending black ink through the Split Diagonal stencil (discontinued). For dimension while maintaining white space, the camouflage diecut technique was used on the word die there.
The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base and clear shimmer was added to the colourful background to finish. Thank you for dropping by. Have a great day!
Happy Sunday everyone. I was tempted to make another rainbow and unicorn card, but instead I gave the unicorn a rest and created a rainbow and dragon card. 😉
The Rainbow Stripes were die cut from watercolor paper and coloured with Distress Oxide ink and a mini blending tool. They were spritz with water and dabbed with a paper towel, then set aside to dry. Once dry, clear shimmer was added to give them some sparkle. It looks really pretty IRL.
The dragon was stamped on a scrap of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics and die cut out with the matching die. The cloud was a leftover diecut piece from my bag of scraps. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of black cardstock.
A stitched rectangle was die cut from Whisper White cardstock and adhered to a white top folding card base before the card was assembled Tumbled Glass distress ink was blended behind the dragon and cloud, which were popped up with foam adhesive for dimension. Several pastel sequins were added to finish.
Thank you for coming by and enjoy the rest of your day!
Happy Sunday everyone! Today I am sharing another super CAS birthday card with Buddy. The stamp set was still sitting out on my desk, and since I still need to make more birthday cards, I made this.
Buddy was stamped in the upper right corner of a white A2 stitched rectangle panel with Intense Black ink and coloured with Copics. I then masked him and used a DIY cloud stencil and blending tool to crelate the sky background with Tumbled Glass distress ink.
The sentiment was die cut twice from white cardstock to stack them for dimension. They were Ombré coloured with Copics and highlights were added with a white gel pen. To make the sentiment the focus and really stand out, I die cut another sentiment from black cardstock and offset them to get a shadow effect.
The panel was adhered to a white top folding card base and glossy accents was added to the balloon and sentiment as a finishing touch. As you can see, I made two cards but added a stamped sentiment to the other one.
Hi there. Today’s card will look familiar. In my last post, I shared a Christmas card created with the spotlight technique. Well, as I was cleaning up my desk, I came across the negative coloured die-cut piece. What a shame to have that go to waste and thrown into recycling. Instead, I stamped another piece (super easy since the elves stamps were untouched in the MISTI) and created today’s card using the reverse spotlight technique.
To reverse spotlight, I simply shaded the newly stamped piece (pictured right above) with black and grey Polychromous pencils. Adhered it behind the diecut square window piece and voila.
I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear glitter embossing powder. For dimension and interest, I die cut a rectangle to create a frame. I then mounted the frame onto a white card base with foam adhesives. Inlaid the die cut rectangle, added a few clear sequins and called it done. And here they are.