Horizontal Center Step Mantel

Hi there!  I want to wish all who celebrate, a very Merry Christmas!  I’m just popping in to share a Horizontal Center Step fun fold Christmas card I created for all my nieces. I changed up the colours so they wouldn’t get the exact same card.

The white brick fireplace was created with texture paste and a brick wall stencil.  I  stamped the elves and stockings on scraps of white ultrasmooth cardstock with Intense Black ink, coloured with Copics and then die cut them out with the matching dies.

The sentiment was die cut from scraps of white glitter paper.  WIthout a similar colour cardstock, I sponged Blueprint Sketch distress ink on a scrap of Bristol paper, then I die cut the shadow piece from it to back the glitter sentiment.

The mantel was created from more snippets of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I used this Horizontal Center Step PDF tutorial to cut and score the card base from Sahara Sand cardstock.  A bookshelf image stamp would have made the scene more complete; however, for a little added detail, I adhered strips of white cardstock to the sides of the fireplace instead.  And for even more sparkle and shimmer, I added clear Wink of Stella to the stockings and elves’ clothing.  And here are the other colour versions



I am entering in the following challenges:

Pixie’s Snippet Playground – Weeks 260 & 261 (used lots of cardstock snippets)
Come and Get It – Christmas
Simon Says Stamps – National Christmas Card Day
Tuesday Throwdown – Anything Goes
Naughty or Nice – A Christmas Carol vs. Frozen

Dancing Panda Card

punch art pandaThis is the last of my punch art cards and it was also the easiest one to do.  Once again I was inspired by this Pandamonium stamp set.

punch art panda

Punches used to create this panda were:

Head & Body – EXtra Large Oval
Ears – 1/4″ Circle
Eyes & Feet – small heart
Pupils & Nose – Owl Builder
Arms – Word Window

punch art panda

Unlike the puppy card, I wanted this dancing panda to be against a colorful background.  I first stamped the Time Warp using Archival black ink on a small panel of white cardstock.  Next I sponged Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight in a sun ray manner, overlapping the ink colors to get the secondary colors in between.  I added that panel to the bottom of a piece of white cardstock and then stamped the sentiment at the top with Archival black ink as well.  I thought the colorful background was enough, so no embellishments were added.

Little Tangles 68: Anything Goes

Since I used Time Warp from Neat & Tangled, this is my second entry for the Little Tangles Challenge 68 Anything Goes.


Non-Floral Mother’s Day Card

I have only been playing along with up to 2 challenges at a time, but this time I am submitting to 5 different challenges: MarkerPop Mother’s Day challenge 94, Brown Sugar Mother’s Day Challenge 197, Freshly Made Sketches challenge 235, Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies and Little Tangles Anything Goes challenge 68.

Yesterday was Mother’s Day and I wanted to post this card yesterday after spending a great day with my mother-in-law, but I was tired and still had not finished it.

I die cut a stitched rectangle in the centre of a white A2 size panel.  I set the frame aside then took the die cut rectangle piece and stamped the boy image from Better Together with black Memento ink.  I masked him off before stamping the two girl images because I wanted them to appear behind him.  I removed the mask and proceeded to color them with Copic Sketch markers.  I don’t use my Copic markers very often, but I do love seeing all the amazing creations colored with them. All I know is I need a lot of practice in using them.

After I finished coloring, I added shading to the edges of the rectangle with a blending tool and Antique Linen distress ink.  I did the camouflage die cut technique for the word “MOM” and stacked it up on 2 cut layers.

I thought the sentiment from Many Mini Messages was perfect for any mom and stamped it in black at the bottom. To put the card together, I attached the frame to a white card base and then inlaid the rectangle piece.  The rectangle piece was also stacked up on 2 cut layers as well.