Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you’re ready for our new challenge #336 & #337 One Layer Colour (OLC) Card Base starting today at Less is More. No worries if you’re not because you will have two weeks to enter! Furthermore, we are collaborating with AAA Cards so you MUST enter on both challenge blogs to qualify for the prize from our sponsor.. There will be one joint prize winner at the end of the two weeks, however, each challenge will select their own finalists. Our sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers and this week our guest designer is its owner Kylie.
I thought this beautiful floral layering stamp set would look great as a monochromatic card, so I cut and scored a top folding card base from Smoky Slate cardstock. The solid image was stamped first with white pigment ink then dried with a heat tool. The next two layers were then stamped with Limestone and Silver Stone inks. The sentiment was shadow stamped in white and then black heat embossed. For some sparkle, clear shimmer was added to the flower to finish. I think this may be the fastest card I’ve ever created. 😂
On this card, I decided to use the whitewash watercolour technique. On Kraft card base, the flower image was white heat embossed. A water brush was then used to colour the image with white pigment ink. Because this is a OLC and I didn’t want it to saturate through to the other side, I was careful to apply lightly. Zig markers were then used to colour the image. The sentiment was stamped with black Versafine ink. Black splatters and clear shimmer on the flowers finished off the card.
That’s it for me, but be sure to check out my teamies’ personal blogs for more inspirations. A quick reminder that this is a two-week challenge and you must link to both LIM and AAA to qualify for the prize. Also, ensure your card is one layer, CAS and follows the challenge guidelines. Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!
When it comes to one layer cards, I like to give it dimension by masking and shading. However, by using a layering stamp set this time, dimension was automatically achieved simply by stamping the layers. Here the popsicle was stamped with Altenew Green Fields ink set on a top folded white A2 cardbase. The rectangle was traced with a black Copic multiliner and a rounded rectangle die. The sentiment (Father’s Day was from a retired set) was black heat embossed with Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder. To make the sentiment stand out where it overlaps with the popsicle, it was outlined with a white gel pen. Normally I would not use glitter on masculine cards, but clearshimmer on the popsicle works to give it an icy look. A few clear droplets were added to finish.
The elephant and baby boy part of the sentiment were stamped with London Fog Memento ink on a side folded white cardbase. The elephant was coloured with Copics, then masked and Arctic ink was blended for the background. The Sweet part of the sentiment and the stripe border were stamped with Caribbean Sky ink. To finish, Glossy Accents was added to Sweet for some shine and dimension.
Hi everyone. It’s Saturday, which means a new challenge at Less is More (LIM). Challenge #328 this week, is one layer cards (OLC) with spots and stripes. Once again, our sponsor this month is Uniko. Our guest designer is March winner, Sue Blamey.
First, thick Whisper White cardstock was cut and scored to create a top folding card base. Intense Black ink was used to stamp the graduation cap, halftone explosion and the wow. The cordinating die was used to die cut the cap mask, while the wow mask was created in the usual way of stamping and fussy cutting. So the cap was stamped first then masked. Next the wow was stamped then masked before the halftone explosion was stamped last. The cap was coloured with coloured pencils and the stripes were drawn in using a t-ruler and Smoky Slate marker. The sentiment was stamped with Persian Blue ink. For dimension, Glossy Accents was added to the wow. A few black sequins finished off the card.
For my next card, white no-bleed through Copic-friendly cardstock (since it’s a OLC) was cut and scored to once again create a top-folding card base. The stripes, image and sentiment were stamped with black Memento ink. The image and the bottom area were then masked and Wilted Violet distress ink was sponged for the background. The image was then coloured with Copics in rainbow colours. To finish, clear shimmer was added to the bow and googlie eyes to the monster.
I am entering this birthday card in the following challenges:
For more inspirations from my teamies, head over to the LIM blog. Hope you will join us this week. Remember to make it one layer and to keep it CAS with plenty of white/untouched space. Thank you for stopping by and have a great week.