Happy Easter weekend everyone! There’s one more challenge at Less is More (LIM) to finish off the month of March. We have two guest designers (GD) joining us. Our January winner, Aileen ofColour and Sparkle, is our guest providing us with a beautiful inspiration card for our GD CASE challenge this fortnight. Our next guest, Kylie of Addicted to Stamps, is also pulling double duties as this month’s sponsor Happy Little Stampers.
Here’s Aileen’s card to CASE.
And this is my card.
Stamped the flowers with black Memento ink on scraps of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics then die cut out with the coordinating dies. Thanks was die cut from a scrap of silver foil paper and from black cardstock. They were offset for a shadow effect. All elements were assembled on a Smoky Slate stitched rectangle from my stash. The panel was adhered to a split black on one side and white on the other side cardbase. Added clear shimmer on the flowers and blue sequins to finish.
Hello there. Before I really get into Christmas card making mode, I made a CAS birthday card to share today. When I saw Blissful Butterflies, I loved it, but didn’t get around to ordering it until the end of last month. I thought I would have to wait till spring to use this NBUS set, but I pulled it out to make a sweet little birthday card.
I used the VersaMark resist/ghosting technique to create the trail of butterflies. To achieve the curved shape, I made a mask by die cutting from masking paper with the curved sentiment die. I positioned the mask in place, then took the two solid butterfly images in the stamp set and randomly stamped with VersaMark. Next I blended on Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet distress inks with a blending tool. The VersaMark stamped images resisted the inks and the “ghostly” butterflies were revealed. For a little bit of shimmer, I added clear Wink of Stella to the coloured butterfly and the curved trail. For a bit of depth, I added some shading with black and grey Polychromous pencils.
Next I stamped the sentiment with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I mounted the panel onto a split black/white top folding card base and added some sparkling clear sequins to finish.