Watercolour smooshing was used to create the watercolour background. Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry distress inks were added to a craft sheet and spritz with water. An acetate sheet was then used to pick up the colours and smooshed onto the bottom right corner of a stitched rectangle panel die cut from watercolor paper. Using an acetate sheet gives a little more control. The elf was stamped with black Memento ink on X-press It paper, coloured with Copics, die cut out with the matching die and popped up with foam adhesives. The NBUS sentiment was black heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder to finish.
I must confess watercolouring is not my strong suit. 😉 Thanks to Loll and some of her tips, I managed to watercolour this floral birthday card for my FIL’s wife whose birthday is today, but we’re celebrating tomorrow. The floral bouquet was heat embossed with platinum embossing powder on mixed media paper and then watercoloured with Zigs. Partial die cutting with NBUS circle die was then used to die cut the image out so that the upper left flower extended past the circle. It was matted onto a black circle and trimmed on the right side with a paper trimmer. The diagonal stripe strip is washi tape. The NBUS sentiment was silver heat embossed on black. Clear shimmer and clear droplets finished the card..
Thank you for visiting. My teamies made some fabulous cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE. Can’t wait to see what you create. Just remember to keep it CAS and follow the challenge guidelines. Enjoy your day!
Hi there. Today’s card will look familiar. In my last post, I shared a Christmas card created with the spotlight technique. Well, as I was cleaning up my desk, I came across the negative coloured die-cut piece. What a shame to have that go to waste and thrown into recycling. Instead, I stamped another piece (super easy since the elves stamps were untouched in the MISTI) and created today’s card using the reverse spotlight technique.
To reverse spotlight, I simply shaded the newly stamped piece (pictured right above) with black and grey Polychromous pencils. Adhered it behind the diecut square window piece and voila.
I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear glitter embossing powder. For dimension and interest, I die cut a rectangle to create a frame. I then mounted the frame onto a white card base with foam adhesives. Inlaid the die cut rectangle, added a few clear sequins and called it done. And here they are.
Hello everyone. Today I am sharing a Christmas card. I couldn’t resist when I saw Merry Monday Christmas challenge theme was elves I used my favourite Santa’s Elves stamp set and my favourite colour combo, which also happened to be the same colours for the color combo challenge over at Winnie & Walter, to create my card. I wanted these elves to show their Christmas spirit as they exchange gifts.
I used masking and spotlighting techniques to make my card. I cut two A2 size stitched rectangle panels from white cardstock. Both panels were stamped with Memento black ink exactly the same with the use of the MISTI. I stamped the left elf, masked him, then stamped the second elf after masking off the ornament he was holding when inking up the stamp. On one panel, I masked off both elves, then blended some Twisted Citron distress ink for the background. I coloured the elves in with Copics. For the other panel, I did light shading with just a grey Polychromous pencil to add some depth. Otherwise, it would look too flat.
To spotlight these elves, I die cut the coloured panel with a stitched square die. I took the die cut square and lined it up with the image on the grey shaded panel. To make it stand out even more, I added a white stitched frame.