CAS Christmas April Challenge – Ornament

 

Hello there.  This month’s challenge at CAS Christmas is Ornaments.  Unlike last month’s challenge where my supply of hollies was limited, I have plenty of ornament options to choose from.  And here’s my card.

 

 

The die is a 2-piece die set consisting of the detailed image and the shadow.

 

 

To start, the two pieces were lined up and held together with painters tape.  3 ornaments were then die cut from white cardstock and stacked for dimension.  The hook part was created from a scrap of silver foil paper.

 

 

I wanted a sparkly ornament and after reading how shimmery Magicals are, I gave my recently purchased Magicals a go.  Sprinkled Gluten Tag Teal and Bavarian Blue Magicals on watercolor paper, spritz with water then dried with the heat tool.  I must have done something wrong because it wasn’t as shimmery.  Anyway, I ended up spritzing it with a DIY shimmer spray and got the results I was after.  Splattered some white acrylic paint for a snowy look, then die cut with the shadow die.

 

 

The ornament was a lot bigger than I thought, so to keep it CAS, it was adhered off the edge on a white A2 stitched rectangle.  Silver heat embossed the sentiment, then mounted the panel to a white top folding cardbase to finish.

 

 

My team have made some beautiful cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE.  The challenge runs until April 24, so there is lots of time to link up.  Thank you for visiting.  Have a great day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Less is More #367 – Stencils

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  Today also marks the start of a new challenge at Less is More (LIM).  We are back to one layer cards (OLC) with the theme Stencils.  We have Shery from STAMPloratins back with us as our guesser designer and our sponsor this month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

INK BLENDING & HEAT EMBOSSING

 

 

On an A2 card base created from Mixed Media paper, Sea Shore inks were ink blended with a Clarity brush through a butterfly stencil (retired).  With the stencil still in place, VersaMark ink was applied next and the butterfly image was heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder.  The sentiment from Poppy Stamps was black heat embossed also with clear embossing powder.  To finish, splatters of Lagoon ink from the Sea Shore inks was added.

 

 

Linking to the following challenges:
Poppy Stamps#42 Clean and Simple  (Sentiments of Hello stamp set)
STAMPlorationsAnything Goes STAMPlorations  (retired Flutterby stencil)

 

 

It has been a rough week with my hubby in and out of hospital visits, so this was a quick one.  But be sure to check out my teamie’s cards for some fabulous inspirations on the LIM blog post HERE. Then grab your stencils and play along. Just remember to make it one layer and keep it clean and simple. I appreciate you stopping by. Have a great day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CAS Mix Up January Challenge

 

Hi again!  You’re not seeing things.  I am back with a second post for today.  This time I am excited and honoured to be a guest designer for January CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  This month’s challenge is liquid colours.

 

 

For my card, I chose to do the reinker spread technique. It is an easy technique to achieve a watercolour effect.

 

 

To do this technique, you need a line image stamp.  On Shimmery White cardstock, I white heat embossed the images.  I then added drops of reinkers into a pallet.  Next I generously spritz the embossed images with water.  Using a watercolor brush, I picked up a reinker colour and touched it to the areas where I want that colour.  You’ll see the colour disperse and spread.  And if you don’t then more water is needed.   I continued until the images were all coloured, and then set them aside to dry. You could use a heat tool to quicken the drying process, but I wanted the colours to flow and dry naturally.  Drying times will vary depending on how much water was used.  Once they were dry, I fussy cut them out.

 

 

For the background, I splattered some of the reinker colours onto a white A2 stitched rectangle panel.  I die cut the border sentiment from black cardstock.  I adhered the panel to a top folding white card base, assembled the card, then added glossy accents to the black sentiment to finish.  It’s hard to capture in a photo, but due to the cardstock, the images have a beautiful, subtle shimmer to them IRL.

 

 

Thank you for stopping by.