My niece, Jasmine (aka Jas), is turning 12 on Monday. What better way to personalise her birthday card then to add her name using an alphabet die set. The masking technique and Memento black ink were used to stamp the elephant, mouse and balloon on an A2 stitched rectangle. They were masked and pink shading was added with a Clarity brush for the background. The images and die cut letters were coloured with Copics. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a dark grey cardstock strip. And I can’t do without some sparkle, so clear shimmer on the die cut letters, Glossy Accents on the balloon and a few sparkling clearsequins were added to finish.
My nephew, Jas’ brother, is turning 10 on July 1st. I already made him a ninja card, but I needed another card for my mom to give to him. I thought about how we used to write notes/letters which made it personal. So with no alphabet or number stamps that are small enough, i simply wrote in 10th and Lucas with a black Copic Multiliner to personalise his card. The images were stamped with black Menento ink on a 5″ x 3.75″ piece of X-press It paper then coloured in with Copics. To keep it masculine and CAS, but give it some dimension and interest, yippee was dry embossed in the upper portion. No embellishments.
Well, that’s it for me this week, but be sure to check out my team’s personal blogs for more inspirations so you can play along with us. Make sure to keep it CAS and follow the challenge guidelines. Thank you for your visit. Have a great week.
Click here if you are looking for my YNS March Feature Day post.
Hi again. I am back again tonight with a CAS watercolor Spring card to share. There are so many images I associate with Spring. One being flowers. I’m not very good with watercolouring, but flowers look so pretty when watercoloured.
The hydrangea was white heat embossed on Bristol smooth paper and watercoloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. The leaves and stem were stamped with distress inks, then watercoloured with a watercolor brush too. Once complete, they were all die cut out with the matching dies.
For dimension, the sentiment was die cut twice from scraps of watercolor paper, stacked and Ombré coloured with Zigs. A Stitched Rectangle was then die cut from Bristol paper. Blended Tumbled Glass distress ink and added splatters for the background.
The stitched panel was adhered to a white top folding card base before the die cut pieces were assembled. Added glossy accents to the sentiment and a few clear droplets to finish.
Hi there. Still plugging away at Christmas cards and today’s card is a little deviation from what I’ve been doing. It’s still non-traditional colours because I just love non-traditional colour Christmas cards, but it’s more on the elegant side. And it’s the easiest one I’ve done so far.
I white heat embossed the poinsettias on vellum twice so I can layer them for dimension.
I fussy cut them out, but I only cut the top layer petals for one of them.
I turned over the bottom poinsettia and coloured the backside with a light purple Copic marker. I added clear Wink of Stella to the top poinsettia and superimposed them together with a mini glue dot in the centre.
For texture, I dry embossed a piece of shimmer white cardstock with Stylish Stripes embossing folder (retired). I die cut the sentiment from silver glitter paper. I assembled the pieces onto a white card base then added a few sparkly clear sequins to finish.
Hi there. I guess I’m still in masking mode because today’s card was created with masking. But definitely nowhere near the extent of the elephants card in my last post. I think selfie cards are so fun and that is what I did for today’s card.
Using Black Intense ink, I stamped and masked the pandas and balloons on a 3″x3-3.75″ piece of white cardstock. I colored in the balloons with Copics.
I wanted to make the selfie a glossy finish photo, so I covered the enitre panel with VersaMark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Continuing with the glossy photo look, I die cut the photo frame from high gloss cardstock. The hashtag was heat embossed in black and the Smile sentiment was die cut from black cardstock and modified without the circle.
For the background, I dry embossed an A2 piece of Bristol paper in the vertical direction using Seaside embossing folder. I thought these waves vertically looked like balloon strings. For better contrast against the white frame, I spritz it with a custom spray I created from 70% rubbing alcohol and Daffodil Delight refill. To finish, I added glossy accents to the Smile die-cut greeting and mounted it on a white card base.