Hello there! So what’s up? How about this cute little Spring card to start off the week?
The bunny image is actually lying down, but I thought it would be fun to have him floating away holding onto bunches of balloons. To start, a stitched rectangle was die cut from Neenah cardstock. Using Memento black ink, stamped and masked the heart balloon without the string to create the balloon bundle.
Next die cut a reverse circle mask from masking paper and positioned it in the center of the panel. Stamped the bunny and bird then masked them. Took a cloud stencil and created the cloud background with Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade distress inks and a mini blending tool.
Removed all masks and coloured images with Copics. Drew in the strings with a ruler and a black Copic multiliner. Added highlights to the balloons with a white gel pen. White heat embossed the sentiment on a black strip. Mounted the panel to a top folding card base and added clear shimmer to the balloons to finish.
If you’re interested, I have a 1k followers giveaway on my IG account (link on 👉 sidebar). Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!
Hello everyone. And welcome to a new challenge at Less is More (LIM). We’re back to one layer card week and this time our theme is Stars. We welcome back Bev from Uniko as our guest designer and our sponsor this month.
This birthday card was created for my teamie Sharon who had a birthday this week. Happy birthday Sharon! 🎉🎈🎁 A top folding A2 card base was created from mixed media paper. Distress inks in rainbow colours were blended with a mini blending tool through NBUS Wave of Stars stencil. Perfect Pearls was added to give it some shimmer. The sentiment was black heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder for more sparkle. This was so easy, I decided to make a Christmas card version with white heat embossing on navy cardstock.
I don’t think anything has more stars than a galaxy. And with my NBUS Space Explorer stamp set arriving last week, it was meant to be. 😉 A top folding A2 card base was created from no bleed through Copic friendly cardstock. The astronaut and sentiment were stamped with Intense Black ink and coloured with Copics. Masking, distress inks and mini blending tools were used to create the galaxy strip. It was spritz with water and splattered with white acrylic paint. Nuvo CrystalGlaze was added to the balloons and clear shimmer was added to the galaxy. With the stamp sets still in position in my MISTI, the astronaut and sentiment were stamped with VersaMark and clear heat embossed for added interest.
That does it for me, but my team have made beautiful cards for this challenge and you can see them on the LIM blog. Click on their names to be taken to their personal blogs where they may have even more to inspire you. Hope you will join us this week. Looking forward to seeing your one layer CAS cards following our challenge guidelines. Thank you for stopping by. Happy crafting!
Hi there. I am sharing another super CAS turtley punny card today. It seems I can’t get enough of these turtle puns. 😂
I stamped the turtles on a scrap of X-Press It paper three times, coloured them with Copics and then die cut them out with the matching die.
Next I used a leftover piece of Bristol smooth paper and blended Cracked Pistachio distress ink through a Concentric Circle stencil. I used a Clarity stencil brush my friend Christine loaned me to try before buying. The verdict? Love them and have ordered them already! 😏
Next I die cut that piece with a Wonky Stitched Rectangle. I stamped the sentiment in black, then mounted it to a white top folding card base with foam adhesive. I adhered the turtles, allowing a couple of them to hang off the edge. To finish, I added clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle to their shells and a few metallic green sequins in the opposite corner to balance out the design. .
Hello and Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there. I am still trying to catch up on my list of birthday cards, so today I have a one layer masculine birthday card that I made for my nephew. I think he will get a kick out of this.
Next, I created a mask for the unicorn and masked off the unicorn. I ink blended over a sunray stencil with distress inks and mini blending tool to create the background. Once again, for a bit of shimmer I added some clear Wink of Stella to the unicorn’s mane and tail. I love this product because it’s mess free!
I mounted the stitched piece on white fun foam cut slightly smaller and finished with some blue sequins.