Hi again. I wasn’t planning to post again today, but I decided to salvage the card I was working on yesterday for CAS(E) this Sketch #226. I smeared ink right at the end, was frustrated, so I walked away. 😂 Having fresh eyes today really helped to figure something out. 😉 Here’s the sketch.
And here’s my card.
All stamping was done with Memento black ink on a white X-Press It Wonky Stitched Rectangle. The monkey was stamped first, masked, then the branchwas stamped next. They were coloured in with Copics.
Masking, a mini ink blending tool and Salty Ocean distress ink were used to create the sky area. It looked too plain, so I went back with a DIY diecut cloud border stencil to add some subtle clouds.
I wanted to stamp “hang in there” for the sentiment, but I couldn’t remember which set it was from, so I stamped what’s up? instead. A few clear sequins finished off the card. Thank you for visiting Have a great day!
Hi there. No spring card today. I’m sharing a masculine birthday card instead. I was also able to check off a stamp set and a die from my continually growing NBUS list. 😉
The NBUS images were stamped with Intense Black ink on X-press It paper and coloured with Copics. The images and the upper portion were masked off and Pacific Point dye ink was blended through a Large Grid stencil with a Clarity brush.
The NBUS Wish was die cut from black cardstock. To make it stand out, it was mounted onto a scrap of white cardstock and fussy cut to give it a white border. The other part of the sentiment was white heat embossed on a black strip.
The paper was trimmed to 5.5″x 3.75″, mounted onto an A2 Pacific Point cardstock piece and then die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle for a continuous look. A white gel pen was used to add dot details to the dragon. The sentiments were adhered and glossy accents was added to the Wish diecut to finish.
Okay, since I am playing in Darnell’s challenge, I have to report my teeny little boo-boo as indicated by the oval in the photo below.
Initially, I masked the area on a slant thinking it would look neat, but it looked funny. So to save all the work I’ve done so far, I re-masked the area going straight across and covered as best I could with the large Wish diecut. And I think it worked! 😂
Hi everyone. I have another CAS spring card to share today. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, which makes me a little nervous for April with the phrase April showers and all. 😂 Rainbows in the spring inspired this card.
Next the wreath frame was die cut from white cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed with black Versafine ink and clear embossing powder.
A black strip was added to anchor the moose. The stitched panel was adhered to a landscape white top folding cardbase. The moose was mounted with foam adhesive and clear Wink of Stella was added to the flower to finish,
Hi there. It was a miserable wet day today, so I thought it would be the perfect time to make a CAS Spring themed coffee card for the 2017 Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. 😂 Last year’s bloghop was kind of the springboard that helped me consider starting my blog. And in a week, it will be my one year blog anniversary. But before then, here’s my card.
In the upper half of a white Stitched Rectangle, Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink was blended over a DIY cloud stencil with a Clarity brush for a nice soft look.
The branch, monkey and cup were stamped with Intense Black ink and coloured with Copics. The branch and monkey were die cut out with the matching dies. Fussy cut the cup and the monkey’s tail to have it look like it’s holding the cup.
Heat embossed the sentiment in black. Die cut the coffee letters twice to stack them. I really need to get a coffee word die. 😂 Used a Clarity brush to add Worn LIpstick Distress Oxide ink to the bottom of the letters. Adhered the stitched panel to a top folding card base and added Clear Wink of Stella to the cup and the coffee diecuts to finish.
Hi there. I have a sweet little card to share and I ain’t lion. 😂 Ok, ok, I hear the groaning and grumbling, but I had to do it. 😂 And now onto my card.
Stamped the lion with Intense Black ink and coloured with Copics. Masked him and the ground area, then blended Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio distress inks for the background. Next die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle. To add dimension and still keep it CAS, used the matching die to die cut him along with three more from scraps to stack them.
Adhered the stitched panel to a white top folding card base, stamped big with Deep Iris ink, then inlaid the stacked diecut lion back. Next die cut hugs from white cardstock and white fun foam to stack them for dimension again. Ombré blended Wilted Violet distress ink with a mini blending tool.
A white gel pen was used to give the heart highlights. To finish, added clear shimmer to the heart and hugs sentiment and a few Crystal clear sequins.