Hello there! It’s Christmas in July (and every month for that matter 😂) here at CAS Christmas. This month’s theme is Poinsettia! And here’s my card.
I started by white heat embossing the poinsettia three times on scraps of Bristol paper. Watercolored them with a watercolor brush and a couple of blue Zig markers. Added clear shimmer for some sparkle and then fussy cut them out.
Next, created an antique frame by die cutting an opening in the center of a white A2 size Bristol piece. Adhered the top and bottom two poinsettias directly onto the card base itself. Popped up with mounting tape the middle one and the frame for dimension. Silver heat embossed the sentiment on a white strip and adhered to finish.
Marina of My Perfect Life was our May winner and is now our wonderful guest this month. Be sure to head on over to the main blog post HERE to see the beautiful cards she and my teammies have made to inspire you to play along. As always, thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your day!
Happy Monday! I was coloring the images with Copics from this new NBUS set yesterday when several challenges popped into mind, resulting in this easy summer card.
Took a Bristol stitched rectangle panel from my stash and stamped the penguin and palm tree with Archival black ink. Watercolored the tropical scene with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. Used a Soft Suede SU! marker to add texture to the sand and a white gel pen to add cresting waves in the water.
Die cut ‘enjoy’ from a scrap of Bristol paper twice and once from black. Ombré coloured one of the white pieces with Zigs, then stacked and offset. Mounted the panel to a white top folding card base and added clear shimmer to the die cut sentiment to finish.
And that was it. Thank you for visiting. Enjoy your day!
Hello there. This month’s challenge at CAS Christmas is Ornaments. Unlike last month’s challenge where my supply of hollies was limited, I have plenty of ornament options to choose from. And here’s my card.
The die is a 2-piece die set consisting of the detailed image and the shadow.
To start, the two pieces were lined up and held together with painters tape. 3 ornaments were then die cut from white cardstock and stacked for dimension. The hook part was created from a scrap of silver foil paper.
I wanted a sparkly ornament and after reading how shimmery Magicals are, I gave my recently purchased Magicals a go. Sprinkled Gluten Tag Teal and Bavarian Blue Magicals on watercolor paper, spritz with water then dried with the heat tool. I must have done something wrong because it wasn’t as shimmery. Anyway, I ended up spritzing it with a DIY shimmer spray and got the results I was after. Splattered some white acrylic paint for a snowy look, then die cut with the shadow die.
The ornament was a lot bigger than I thought, so to keep it CAS, it was adhered off the edge on a white A2 stitched rectangle. Silver heat embossed the sentiment, then mounted the panel to a white top folding cardbase to finish.
My team have made some beautiful cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE. The challenge runs until April 24, so there is lots of time to link up. Thank you for visiting. Have a great day!
Hello everyone. I know it’s February, but I’m easing you in to seeing more Christmas cards from me every month this year. 😉 So Winnie and Walter is celebrating their 4th birthday this month and I’m jumping in on the fun… a little late to the party, but I’ve finally recovered from two flus to be able to do so. Winter Woodland was the first stamp set I bought from them and I decided to pull it out to make this card.
This card by Kelly was the jumping off inspiration for my card. I also wanted to try watercolouring on color cardstock after seeing this done by Ishani. To start, an A2 size stitched rectangle was die cut from Kraft cardstock. The stag was white heat embossed first. The tree ring was clear heat embossed next.
The tree ring was then watercoloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. Had to be careful not to use too much water to avoid pilling since this was regular cardstock. A brown color pencil was used to shade around the stag to give it some depth.
The pine branch was stamped repeatedly around the image — first with Versamark and white heat embossed, then with Early Espresso dye ink. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of Early Espresso cardstock. The stitched panel was adhered to a white top folding card base to finish.
On a top folding Mixed Media card base, black heat embossed the bear, Santa sleigh and sentiment. Masked the bear and die cut a reverse dome mask from copy paper. Blended Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire distress inks for the background.
Mixed Perfect Pearls with water and splaltered to create the stars. Repeated with acrylic white paint. Removed masks and coloured the bear image with Zig markers.