Happy Monday! I was coloring the images with Copics from this new NBUS set yesterday when several challenges popped into mind, resulting in this easy summer card.
Took a Bristol stitched rectangle panel from my stash and stamped the penguin and palm tree with Archival black ink. Watercolored the tropical scene with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. Used a Soft Suede SU! marker to add texture to the sand and a white gel pen to add cresting waves in the water.
Die cut ‘enjoy’ from a scrap of Bristol paper twice and once from black. Ombré coloured one of the white pieces with Zigs, then stacked and offset. Mounted the panel to a white top folding card base and added clear shimmer to the die cut sentiment to finish.
And that was it. Thank you for visiting. Enjoy your day!
Hello everyone. I know it’s February, but I’m easing you in to seeing more Christmas cards from me every month this year. 😉 So Winnie and Walter is celebrating their 4th birthday this month and I’m jumping in on the fun… a little late to the party, but I’ve finally recovered from two flus to be able to do so. Winter Woodland was the first stamp set I bought from them and I decided to pull it out to make this card.
This card by Kelly was the jumping off inspiration for my card. I also wanted to try watercolouring on color cardstock after seeing this done by Ishani. To start, an A2 size stitched rectangle was die cut from Kraft cardstock. The stag was white heat embossed first. The tree ring was clear heat embossed next.
The tree ring was then watercoloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. Had to be careful not to use too much water to avoid pilling since this was regular cardstock. A brown color pencil was used to shade around the stag to give it some depth.
The pine branch was stamped repeatedly around the image — first with Versamark and white heat embossed, then with Early Espresso dye ink. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a strip of Early Espresso cardstock. The stitched panel was adhered to a white top folding card base to finish.
Hi there. I’m back again this time with a watercolour card, which is a little outside my comfort zone. But it was fun nonetheless.
Not a lot of steps to describe here. Let’s just say there was a lot of stamping and masking starting from the truck at the bottom and working upwards. The images are from Party Animals and Go Wild stamp sets.
Black Archival ink was used to stamp the images on watercolor paper. Only the truck was black heat embossed. I was going to black heat embossed all images, but changed my mind after the truck. Watercoloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. For texture, spritz the sky and ground with water and dabbed with a paper towel. Also, added some blue splatters.
Die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle and mounted it on to a white top folded card base. I was temptied to add some clear shimmer, but that would be silly for a wild jungle scene 😂, so Glossy Accents was added to the stamped sentiments and the headlights to finish.
Hi there. So I am having internet connection issues, so this will be a quick post. My Christmas card today was inspired by “Up on the Housetop” Christmas song.
The scene I wanted to create was having the reindeer playing on the snowy rooftop. I heat embossed the reindeer in black and watercolored them and the sky with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers on hot press watercolor paper. I die cut the reindeer with the matching dies. The brick detail was created by ink blending through a stencil. I used Sahara Sand ink for the wall and Rusty Hinge, Barn Door and Black Soot distress inks for the chimney.
The icicles were die cut from white cardstock. I added glossy accents and sprinkled Dazzling Diamond glitter on top to give it a glistening effect. The shadows beneath the reindeer were done with Copics.
I stamped the sentiment with Archival black ink and used a white gel pen to add snow and complete my snowy rooftop scene. The whole panel was mounted on a top folding white card base.
Hi everyone. I’ve had a rough week. It is no fun getting the flu any time of the year, but to get it when the weather is nice, just sucks even more. Yes, I’ve been nursing this flu all week and I’m still not completely recovered. I wasn’t sure if I was even going to get this card done. I started it yesterday, then had to stop and go lie down for the rest of the day. I went back to it this afternoon and was determined to finish it
I first stamped the bear on masking tape and cut it out to create my mask. Then I stamped the bear on watercolor paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I could use VersaMark and black embossing powder, but I find any straying black embossing powder can sometimes be hard to remove and using an anti-static powder product doesn’t seem to help that much. I masked off the bear and stamped the balloon basket over top. I removed the mask, and again heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Next, I pulled out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and used a watercolor brush to watercolor the image. These colors can be quite bright, so I did sone watercolor lifting to remove some color and mute the colors a bit. This was done by pressing a paper towel on the wet areas and then “lifting” it. Once watercoloring was complete, I fussy cut it out. I wanted to create a scene with the balloon basket floating in the sky, so I die cut a cloud piece with a cloud border die from white cardstock.
I heat embossed the sentiment in black on the cloud piece then assembled the cloud and the image onto a piece of light blue cardstock. That entire piece was then mounted onto a white card base and finished with a few enamel dots.