Hi there. I’m back again this time with a watercolour card, which is a little outside my comfort zone. But it was fun nonetheless.
Not a lot of steps to describe here. Let’s just say there was a lot of stamping and masking starting from the truck at the bottom and working upwards. The images are from Party Animals and Go Wild stamp sets.
Black Archival ink was used to stamp the images on watercolor paper. Only the truck was black heat embossed. I was going to black heat embossed all images, but changed my mind after the truck. Watercoloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. For texture, spritz the sky and ground with water and dabbed with a paper towel. Also, added some blue splatters.
Die cut with a Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle and mounted it on to a white top folded card base. I was temptied to add some clear shimmer, but that would be silly for a wild jungle scene 😂, so Glossy Accents was added to the stamped sentiments and the headlights to finish.
Hey there. It’s been a pretty wet Spring here and today is no different. But where there’s showers, a rainbow is to follow, right? 😉 At least that is what my Spring Showers card is based upon. 😂 Love incorporating rainbow colours in my Spring theme cards.
A Wonky Stitched Rectangle was die cut from smooth Bristol paper. Alice was stamped with Archival black ink. She was masked, then the raindrops were stamped next. DIstress inks were used to colour the ground in rainbow colour.
Alice and the umbrella were watercoloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a watercolour brush. I think this may be the first time I used the black Zig marker.
The sentiment was black heat embossed. The panel was adhered to a top folding white card base. Clear shimner was added to the umbrella and raindrops to give them a glistening look. To finish, a few Clear Rain Drops were added.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I must admit I prefer to create a love/loving theme card when it comes to Valentine’s cards. That way, they can be used beyond one day. As you can see from my non-traditional one layer Valentine’s card, this card can easily be given to a friend for a variety of occasions.
First, I cut the top folding card base from Bristol smooth paper. I wanted to create a selfie card and to keep it one layer I used the masking and reverse masking techniques. I created a reverse square mask with a square die and masking paper. I positioned the reverse mask onto the card base and stamped the astronaut and alien with Intense Black ink.
They were then masked before the outer space distress ink background was created (Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot). To complete the look, it was spritz with water and splattered with white pigment reinker.
The masks were removed and the images were coloured with Zig markers and a watercolor brush. I used a ruler and black Copic multiliner to draw a border around the square. I used a rectangle die to trace the rectangle. I also used the masking technique to customize the sentiment. The hearts were stamped with Real Red ink.
To give it some depth, I masked the rectangle and blended really “toned” down Black Soot around it. For a little shimmer, I added clear Wink of Stella to the space background. To finish, a few silver sequins were added.
Update: Some of you are in disbelief that this is truly a one layer card, so I recorded a short video which I hope will clear things up. 😉
Hi everyone. I’ve had a rough week. It is no fun getting the flu any time of the year, but to get it when the weather is nice, just sucks even more. Yes, I’ve been nursing this flu all week and I’m still not completely recovered. I wasn’t sure if I was even going to get this card done. I started it yesterday, then had to stop and go lie down for the rest of the day. I went back to it this afternoon and was determined to finish it
I first stamped the bear on masking tape and cut it out to create my mask. Then I stamped the bear on watercolor paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I could use VersaMark and black embossing powder, but I find any straying black embossing powder can sometimes be hard to remove and using an anti-static powder product doesn’t seem to help that much. I masked off the bear and stamped the balloon basket over top. I removed the mask, and again heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Next, I pulled out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and used a watercolor brush to watercolor the image. These colors can be quite bright, so I did sone watercolor lifting to remove some color and mute the colors a bit. This was done by pressing a paper towel on the wet areas and then “lifting” it. Once watercoloring was complete, I fussy cut it out. I wanted to create a scene with the balloon basket floating in the sky, so I die cut a cloud piece with a cloud border die from white cardstock.
I heat embossed the sentiment in black on the cloud piece then assembled the cloud and the image onto a piece of light blue cardstock. That entire piece was then mounted onto a white card base and finished with a few enamel dots.
This is a phenomenal price at $80.68 CDN. I paid $25 more for mine and I thought that was a good deal. Those living in the US may want to check Amazon.com because I’m sure you’ll get an even better deal. Even though they ship from Japan, they arrive weeks before the expected delivery date. Just click on the image to purchase your set today.
Update: price has increased since my posting of this deal. However, I’ve seen the price fluctuate, so you just have to keep checking back.