Happy Saturday everyone! Another week has flown by already and a new challenge starts today at Less is More (LIM). Our recipe challenge this week is Stamp Layering. Layering stamps are a quick and easy way to create cards with depth and detail. Uniko is our generous sponsor this month.
My favourite layering Christmas set is Holiday Style. Last year I used the ornament image so I decided to use the jingle bell image this time. The bells were stamped on white cardstock with the Blackboard ink set, then die cut out with the coordinating die. The Jingle Bells sentiment was die cut from X-Press It paper and Ombré coloured with Copics in pink since it’s Breast Cancer Awareness month and I love non-traditional colours. The pine needles was die cut from shimmer white cardstock and the strings were drawn in with a T-ruler and a silver pen. Instead of stamping out the layering bow in the set, I used a snippet of silver ribbon. (It’s been a while since I used ribbon on a card). Everything was adhered onto a white stitched rectangle mounted to a white top folding card base. Nothing’s complete without some sparkle, so clear shimmer was added to the sentiment to finish.
As you can see, I was focused on Christmas cards this week. 😉 The lights were stamped on white cardstock in rainbow colours with Altenew ink cube sets. I have the coordinating die, but didn’t want a white border so the lights were fussy cut out. The string for the lights was white heat embossed on a white stitched rectangle. Inks in rainbow colour were blended with a mini blending tool to create the glow from the lights before the lights were adhered. The sentiment was white heat embossed on black cardstock and Nuvo Glaze was added to the lights for some shine and dimensions to finish.
My dad’s birthday is at the end of the month, so I thought it would be cool 😎 to make this for him. 😂 Twisted Citron distress ink was used to create the watercolour background on a watercolor stitched rectangle. The pineapple was stamped with Memento black ink on a scrap of X-press It paper, coloured with Copics and die cut out with the matching die.
Three more were die cut from white cardstock and stacked for dimension. The sunglass and cool word sentiment were die cut from black cardstock. Once they were positioned on the card, the rest of the sentiment was stamped with black Archival ink. Glossy Accents added to “cool” finished off the card.
Only one card from me this week. My teamies may have more inspirations on their personal blogs for you to check out. Remember to keep your cards CAS and follow the challenge guidelines. Thank you for visiting. Enjoy your day!
When it comes to one layer cards, I like to give it dimension by masking and shading. However, by using a layering stamp set this time, dimension was automatically achieved simply by stamping the layers. Here the popsicle was stamped with Altenew Green Fields ink set on a top folded white A2 cardbase. The rectangle was traced with a black Copic multiliner and a rounded rectangle die. The sentiment (Father’s Day was from a retired set) was black heat embossed with Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder. To make the sentiment stand out where it overlaps with the popsicle, it was outlined with a white gel pen. Normally I would not use glitter on masculine cards, but clearshimmer on the popsicle works to give it an icy look. A few clear droplets were added to finish.
The elephant and baby boy part of the sentiment were stamped with London Fog Memento ink on a side folded white cardbase. The elephant was coloured with Copics, then masked and Arctic ink was blended for the background. The Sweet part of the sentiment and the stripe border were stamped with Caribbean Sky ink. To finish, Glossy Accents was added to Sweet for some shine and dimension.
Growing up, my mom always bought Neapolitan ice-cream. Maybe that’s why I haven’t eaten it since. 😂 The image was stamped with black Memento ink on a snippet of X-press It paper. The bear was coloured with Copics (E51, E53, E55), then die cut out with the matching die. The cake was paper pieced using snippets of Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink (retired) and Early Espresso cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed with Early Espresso dye ink, VersaMark and clear glitter embossing powder on a 5.5″x3.75″ white snippet panel. Pretty in Pink dye ink (also retired) was sponged on for the background. To incorporate more Neapolitan colours into the design, snippet strips of the same colour cardstock were adhered directly onto a white top folding card base. The bear image was mounted with foam tape. Clear shimmer on the cake layers and a few sparkly gumdrops were added to finish.
Happy Sunday everyone! And Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. No Mother’s Day card and no winner to announce for my giveaway last week since no one entered. 😜 So today, I have another birthday card to share.
Black Memento ink was used to stamp all imagesso they can be coloured with Copics. Five of the six birds were stamped on X-press It paper then die cut out with the coordinating dies. The rest of the scene was created using the masking technique on a white Stitched Rectangle piece of Copic friendly cardstock. The string holding the birdhouse was drawn with a ruler and Copic multi-liner.